A “cookie” is a very small text file containing data that is stored in the web browser of your computer or mobile device when you visit specific web pages. Cookies may be used by the website you are visiting, in which case only that website can read them, but the website may also use external services for which separate cookies are used.
The purpose is for the website to be able to remember the user’s preferences (such as username, language, etc.) for a certain period of time and thus facilitate the use of the site without having to re-enter the preferences. Cookies could also be used for statistics (anonymous) about the use of our site.
Cookies can also be used to compile anonymized statistics about navigation on our sites.
Cookies usually contain:
- the name of the internet page from which they originate, the time of their storage in the end device and their assigned data. Cookies do not serve to identify the user and the user’s identity is not determined based on them.
- the person who places information in the form of cookie files in the User’s end device and the one who gets access to them is the Website Administrator. Placement of information in the end device of the User and its use can also be carried out by persons working together with the Website Administrator and/or with the Administrator of Personal Data – Partners providing analytical services, advertisers, application developers, advertising agencies.
- The site may place a cookie in the browser if the browser allows it. In this case, the browser allows the site access only to cookies placed by this page, not to files placed by other sites.
Florina’s website mainly uses its own cookies.
Each time you visit the FLORINA website, you will be prompted to accept or decline cookies.
- adapt the content to the User’s preferences and optimize the use of the website (e.g. cookies enable the recognition of the User’s device and the correct display of the site adapted to his individual needs, e.g. browser resolution, language preferences, font size);
- prepare statistical data, the analysis of which allows to improve the structure and content of the website (eg improvement of page elements as a result of technical errors of the website, improvement of the User’s path to obtain the desired content as quickly as possible);
- maintain the User’s session (after logging into the system), in order to avoid the need for the User to re-enter his username on each sub-page of the site or on each login to them;
- implement surveys and to avoid presenting the same survey to the same user.
- detect bots and misuse of services (eg attempts to penetrate the Site).
- provision of advertising content to Users tailored to their interests;
In view of the duration of existence of cookies, we use two types of cookies:
- session – temporary files stored in the User’s end device until the moment of exit, leaving the Website or deactivating the Internet browser;
- permanent – stored in the User’s end device for a time specified in the parameters of the cookie files or until they are removed by the User.
According to the web browser that the User uses, it is possible to manage cookies, and in the most used browsers, the User usually has the following options:
- to accept the cookies service, which allows the User to use the options offered by the website in full;
- set the settings for different types of cookies and
- blocking or deleting cookies.